Don’t miss out on an opportunity of a lifetime, to grow your career as a Line Cook at our Famous
American Bistro Cafe Alfresco. Apply today!
• Compensation based on experience.
• Generous company contribution of health insurance premium for qualified employees.
• Must be available to work all shifts as scheduled.
• Minimum of 1 year cooking in a high volume restaurant setting.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Complies with quality standards, department rules, policies and procedures.
• Identifies and select cuts of meat, poultry, shellfish, fish, game or vegetables used in preparation of
• Prepares garnishes for broiled and roasted dishes.
• Prepares other items needed at broiler station such as vegetables, starches, appetizers or desserts that
may be glazed in broiler.
• Sets up and maintain soups throughout the day, as well as appropriate garnishes.
• Broil and plate meats, poultry, shellfish, fish, game or vegetables, along with appropriate garnish.
• Roasts, carves and plates meats, poultry, shellfish, fish, game or vegetables.
• Maintains a sanitary work environment including areas where food is prepared and stored.
• Selects and uses knives, hand tools, utensils and equipment to cut, slice, broil, roast, carve, skewer,
garnish foods. Maintains holding temperature for foods, grills, or otherwise produces food in the broiler
• Assist in any other capacity required in the operation.
• Tastes food prepared to ensure flavor, texture and consistency and see that items meet established
Education and/or Experience: High School graduate (GED), degree from a post-secondary culinary arts
training program is desirable. Minimum of 1 year in a food preparation position in a high volume restaurant
Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
Ability to speak, read, write and understand English. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one
and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Working Conditions: Must be able to speak clearly and listen attentively to supervisors, employees and
dining room staff; stand and walk in kitchen for periods over 8 hours; lift pots, pans, etc. up to 40 pounds in
weight; possess finger dexterity to use small tools adeptly;, read and follow written instructions; possess
good smell and taste abilities and be able to do repetitive motions.
Only local candidates will be considered.
Principals only. Recruiters please don’t contact this posting or employer about this position. No phone calls